Current Year 9s may benefit* from reading the following over the summer break:
- Romeo and Juliet - Shakespeare
- Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
- a variety of poetry
- a good spread of non-fiction texts (articles, reviews, reports, speeches, etc)
Current Year 10s could also plan ahead* and read this list of texts:
- An Inspector Calls - JB Priestley
- Heroes - Robert Cormier
- and again, a good spread of non-fiction texts.
*These are the texts currently on our syllabus for study and use in our GCSE exams.